Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Start Early and Be Steady

"Most of us have thought about how to prepare for storms.  We have seen...the suffering of [those] caught in hurricanes, tsunamis, wars, and droughts.  One reaction is to ask, "How can I be prepared?"
.....But there is another even more important preparation we must make for tests that are certain to come to each of us.  That preparation must be started far in advance because it takes time.  What we will need can't be bought.  It can't be borrowed.  It doesn't store well, and it has to have been used regularly.....
What we will need in our day of testing is a spiritual preparation.  It is to have developed faith in Jesus Christ so powerful that we can pass the test of life upon which everything for us in eternity depends."
(Excerpt from "Spiritual Preparedness: Start Early and Be Steady" By Pres.Henry B. Erying)
Click the talk title to be directed to the full text and video. 
I LOVED this talk.  So inspirational. 

Challenge for the month:  
Find or purchase a backpack for each member of your family for their individual 72 hour kits.  Next month we will begin gathering food for each kit, and at our preparedness fair next spring we will visit other essentials we need to add to it. 
If you need to purchase backpacks, remember there will likely be some on sale as school supplies have been in the stores for a while.  


Looking ahead:
I have emailed and am awaiting a replay from my honey source.  As soon as I receive pricing and availability dates, I will take orders and pick up the honey.  
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Shanna


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Shanna for the great information. I appreciate your example and encouragement.